Saturday, May 28, 2011

Bankside and Southwark #6

Okay - So I was really tempted to title this "Bankside Yo." I have no idea why, but Bankside just seems really gangster to me. Hahah, you probably all think i'm super weird now! On to the walk. I lead my very first walk.. oooh big accomplishment, I know. Our walks are usually a team effort, but for homework sake I lead this one. It was a pretty quick walk and it wasn't until later last night when we went back to the Globe for All is Well that Ends Well that we realized just how far we had walked! The "we" I am referring to is Emily Stewart, Lauren Deaver, and myself. The Blackfriars tube station was closed, so we got off at Tower Bridge and started from the other end of the walk. It was super busy at the Tower of London with lots of wonderful tourists all around! We made our way around the tower and onto the Tower Bridge. I love the Tower Bridge, I think it is awesome! With all of the bright colors it reminds me of Disneyland!


We cross the bridge and made our way down towards the water along Queens Street. It felt great to walk along the river. The sun was out and it was just a great day! We turned at the Hay's Galleria and passed the London Dungeon and through the tube station. We then got to walk around Borough Market, which I absolutely love! I love markets and Borough has great food and awesome samples!! After the market we headed back towards the water and passed by Clink Museum. Clink used to be a debtors prison which I thought was really interesting! We kept walking along and passed the site of the actual Globe Theater and the Rose Theatre Exhibition. Then we came to the new Globe theater! We didn't stay long because it was crowded and we were coming back for a play that night!! We then hopped onto the Millennium Bridge and headed to the tube station to come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment